A Quick Glance…
The lifespan of a Keurig coffee maker can vary based on frequency of use, maintenance, and overall care, but generally, with moderate use and proper care, a Keurig coffee maker can last anywhere from 3 to 5 years. Factors such as regular cleaning to prevent mineral buildup and using distilled or filtered water can greatly enhance the machine’s lifespan. However, like any appliance, it’s not immune to the occasional malfunction or wear and tear over time.
To increase the lifespan of a Keurig coffee maker, it is recommended to keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Clean the coffee filter, water reservoir and inner part of the machine regularly to avoid mold. There are also cleaning solutions for Keurig machines that can be purchased in stores.
What is a Keurig coffee maker?
A Keurig is a coffee maker that utilizes single-serve brewing technology. It makes the perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under thirty seconds with just one touch of a button. There are Keurig coffee makers that brew the perfect cup of coffee and tea, making it easy to buzz about in your office, at home or break station.
You can choose from a variety of flavors and sizes that fit your personal coffee preferences. Select a brew size from small to extra-large for those larger coffees or teas you love. The K-Cup containers have recently been released, so you can enjoy an assortment of flavors from all over the world. Enjoy instant access to a hot beverage with ease using this convenient single serve brewing system.
What are the types of Keurig system?
There are many different types of Keurig coffee maker including:
- The single brew machine
- The KOLD system
- The Platinum line
- And K155 office pro brewing system.
The lifespan of a Keurig brewer depends on the model and which brand it is. Most brewers last for years, but there are some factors that may affect its longevity. To understand how to increase the lifespan of your Keurig brewer, you need to know why it breaks down in the first place. There are three main reasons:
Keurig machines do not have regular maintenance. It comes with one cleaning cycle which helps remove mineral deposits and residue from leftover coffee, tea or other beverages.
Here are the ways to make coffee in your Keurig:
- Plain Black Coffee – Put a black, finely ground coffee in a basket and close the lid. Press the key for black coffee twice. You can add flavorings afterwards if you want.
- Pour-Overs – Use one of our reusable K-Cup® tea filters or paper filters and fill it with ground coffee. Place on top of your favorite mug and pour boiled water over it to create your perfect cup of coffee. Try brewing without an additional flavor pack for rich, flavorful taste!
- Hot Chocolate – Fill your favorite mug with milk (or soy milk), add any desired mix-ins, then place the K-Cup®
How to clean and maintain your Keurig coffee maker?
Here are some easy ways to clean and maintain your Keurig coffee maker:
- Pour a half-cup of white vinegar into the water reservoir on your Keurig coffee maker, then run the machine for 2-4 cups (depending on how much is inside the water reservoir). The vinegar will remove any buildup that has accumulated in the machine. This method can be used every 3 months or monthly as needed.
- If you’re dealing with a blackened needle due to buildup, use dish soap or another type of kitchen cleaner and an old toothbrush to scrub off the gunk from the needle.
- Make sure your filter is clean and not clogged by using a replacement filter when brewing.
If you do not have a replacement filter, run cup of vinegar through the machine (without the K-Cup) to clean the tubing and water chamber.
- When you’re finished using the Keurig for the day, be sure to unplug it and empty out any leftovers.
To extend your Keurig coffee maker’s life span, follow these tips:
- Use a reusable filter instead of a disposable one. The reusable filter can be cleaned and reused many times before it is replaced or becomes worn out from extensive use. The more frequently you replace your filter, the sooner you’ll need to replace your machine.
- Clean the machine regularly. If it becomes clogged with coffee grinds or dust, remove the machine and soak the parts in a solution of vinegar and water. Make sure to rinse thoroughly after soaking.
- The temperature of your coffee needs to be between 195°F and 205°F for optimal brewing results. It is best to use filtered water if you are not sure of the temperature of your tap water.
- Your Keurig should only be used in areas where there is good ventilation and there is no way for air pollution to enter or build up inside it (this includes refrigerators). Your Keurig is not for dishwasher or microwave use.
To summarize, Keurig coffee makers are a great way to enjoy any type of brewed coffee with minimal effort. The best part is that you can brew piping hot cups of tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages as well. They’re perfect for students, people with very busy lifestyles, and anyone who enjoys a fresh cup of tea or coffee in the morning.