Red Bull, it gives you wings! The energy drink we love. People say that drinking Red Bull makes them energetic and lose sleep and they can work for an extended period of time.
It does give you a jolt of caffeinated energy and it lasts from 1- 4 hours depending upon the person. It takes almost 12 hours for the Redbull to leave your system1.
|Unopened Red Bull||12 to 24 months (expiry date)|
|Unopened Red Bull||6 to 9 Months (past expiry date)|
|Opened Red Bull||2 to 4 days|
- The Redbull gives you a significant amount of energy boost.
- It’s easy to pick up.
- Redbull improves the mood and it may fight heart disease.
- The Redbull regulates the nervous system and keeps a healthy digestive system.
- If a person is depressed or feeling low, Redbull can give a jolt of energy and relieve stress and anxiety2
- The Redbull or any energy drink has a lot of sugar in it. A single can of Redbull can have 8-10 teaspoons of sugars in it.
- The sugar intake increases the blood pressure for a short time and then suddenly the energy goes down in a short time making you feel lethargic and drowsy.
- Drinking Redbull before exercise is not good. It dehydrates the body.
What is inside the red bull drink?
Inside Redbull, it mainly contains Glucose in a large amount, Taurine and Glucuronolactone, and also caffeine.
Sugar is 10g 16 Oz Redbull
There are two types of vitamins in Redbull i.e. water-soluble and fat-soluble.
Redbull has 80mg of Caffeine
Factors affecting how red bull is metabolized:
With age, food materials take longer to metabolize. So, the effect of Redbull stays longer on older people.
It’s a universal fact that people who weigh more needs more substance than other people to get the effect. So a person who is heavier than average people will need more amount of Redbull to metabolize.
Males see the effect of Redbull quicker but it wears off fast whereas, in women, the effect takes time but stays for a longer time.
Medication can make the effect of Redbull fast or slow, depending upon the nature of the medicine.
What happens when you drink red bull?
Effects of Redbull
|Time||Effect to the body|
|10 Minutes||Caffeine is absorbed in the bodyHeart rate increasesBlood pressure increases|
|15 to 45 Minutes||Caffeine level peaksAlertness peaks|
|50 Minutes||Sugar absorption|
|60 Minutes||Sugar crashFeeling the loss of energy or fatigue|
|6 Hours||Caffeine half-life (50% of the caffeine has left the bloodstream)|
|12 Hours||Caffeine has been eliminated in the bloodstreamWithdrawal-like symptomsFeels the need for more caffeine|
Can red bull go bad?
Redbull can last up to 18-24 months unopened. If opened it goes bad within 2-4 days3.
How long does red bull last after expiration date? It can last up to 6-8 months after the expiration date given that it stays refrigerated.