When it comes to purchasing an electronic device, our buying decision mostly depends upon two factors, i.e., price and durability. And as MacBooks are quite expensive, you need to know long it will last. Here, we will show you how long are MacBooks supposed to last to help you make the right decision while buying a laptop.
MacBook: What is it?
It is a brand of Macintosh Laptop. These mac laptops are manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. We all know how reputed this brand is. This laptop is a blend of PowerBook and iBook. Most of the students and adults merely but these laptops because they are an Apple product.
The original model of MacBook has been discontinued in the market. The only two models which are still available are MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
- MacBook Air: It is cheaper than all the other MacBook models. The list price of this model is $1,099 for others and $999 for students.
- MacBook Pro: Currently, there are three different versions of this model available in the market.
- MacBook Pro 13-inch, Two Thunderbolt 3:You can enjoy 8 GB Memory and 128 GB storage with this version. There are only 2 USB ports in this model. The price of this model is $1,299 for others and $1,199 for students.
- MacBook Pro 13-inch, Four Thunderbolt 3:It has a higher processor and graphics than the earlier version. The price of this model is $1,799 for all.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch: This is the top MacBook model. You can enjoy the i7 processor and big screen. It has a 100 Wh battery. The price of this model is $2,399.
The lifespan of each MacBook model:
MacBooks are known for their quality and durability. Apple products are made with utmost care because they have a reputation for holding.
Even though these laptops are quite good, they won’t last forever. Each computer has a lifespan. Apple has never been transparent with disclosing the lifespan of each product. You will get ambiguous answers on the internet.
The problem is that the lifespan depends upon usage and maintenance. One person may use a laptop for 5 hours daily for five years with proper maintenance. The other person may use the same laptop for 10 hours daily for three years only.
Lifespan = Usage + Care + Maintenance
But here, we will show you the actual lifespan of each MacBook model.
- Original MacBook: The original MacBook was one of the best model developed by Apple. The average lifespan of this model was eight years. You might need to make some necessary repairs or replace the battery after five years, though.
- MacBook Air: This cheap model has a very short lifespan. The average lifespan of this latest MacBook is 3 to 5 years. It also depends upon usage and maintenance. With proper maintenance, you can use it for six years as well.
- MacBook Pro: The average life span of MacBook Pro is around 5 to 7 years. You might need to change the battery and upgrade it. Some people use their MacBook Pro for eight years.
Extended life expectancy:
Well, you can quickly expand every laptop’s lifespan only by following proper maintenance. You need to check battery status and upgrade it regularly. These are the things you need to do.
- Follow proper battery charging cycle
- Always shutdown after use
- Please don’t keep it on when not in use
- Don’t cramp up the storage space
- Remove Junk files from time to time
- Follow proper cleanup
- Avoid downloading from unknown sources
- Run a regular security check
- Don’t connect too many devices with it
- Use antivirus
How long should a MacBook Pro last? Well, these are all the essential details you need to know about the lifespan of a MacBook. Now, you can make up your mind and decide which laptop to buy. Remember, the secret to long lifespan = Usage + Maintenance.