The Honda Accord is unquestionably one of Honda’s most iconic compact car offerings. But, the important question is: How long do Honda Accords last?
Based on Honda Accord owners, the average life span of the car is usually about 200,000 miles. However, some believe its effective shelf life can go well beyond that mark as well.
In reality, the average lifespan on the Honda Accord depends on a number of factors. In this article, we will take a brief look at Honda Accord’s lifespan and other related information.
Honda Accord history
Over the years, the car underwent several generational reiterations and design upgrades. The timeline of Honda Accord history is as follows:
- 1976-1981 – The Honda Accord makes its debut.
- 1981-1985 – The second generation.
- 1985-1989 – The third generation.
- 1989-1993 – The fourth generation.
- 1994-1997 – The fifth generation.
- 1998-2002 – The sixth generation.
- 2002-2008 – The seventh generation.
- 2008-2012 – The eight generation.
- 2013-2017 – The ninth generation.
- 2018-present – The present generation.
- The first generation Honda Accord debuts with a three door hatchback design.
- The third generation features a bolder design for both the sedan and the hatchback variant.
- The fourth generation introduces clean flanks, a low beltline, and a roofline for the first time.
- The fifth generation features a slightly modified front fascia and a more pronounced rounded bumper.
- The sixth generation came with unique styling options and wheelbases. It also included a new 3-liter Honda Accord with a V-6 engine.
- The seventh generation features a V-6 six-speed manual transmission for its coupe variant for the first time.
- The ninth generation was a complete design refresh. The Honda Accord Sport model also makes its debut.
How many miles can a Honda Accord last?
The standard conception in the market is that the Honda Accord can easily last up to 200,000 miles (or more). Even if you were to make a safer bet, it will still last you 150,000 miles quite comfortably.
The key to harnessing the full potential of the Honda Accord depends on several factors. The most crucial of which are regular servicing and timely maintenance.
The Honda Accord is seen as one of the most reliable models that can provide exceptional performance along with a long shelf life.
How to increase your Honda Accord mileage?
Although the Honda Accord may have the potential to deliver about 200,000-300,000 miles, it can only do so when taken proper care of.
So, if you want to boost your Honda Accord’s mileage, here are some key things to remember.
- Use only genuine Honda parts.
Third-party engine parts are usually not compatible with your authentic Honda parts. As such, they can harm your Accord’s mileage in more ways than you can imagine.
- Do not miss out on your Honda’s servicing schedule.
Timely servicing and maintenance is the ideal way to maintain optimal mileage of your Honda Accord. Routine filter changes, oil changes, and tire rotations can go a long way to boost your car’s mileage and ensure consistent performance.
How much is a Honda Accord?
The price tag of the Honda Accord has changed significantly over its numerous generational upgrades.
The first generation Honda Accord’s price tag was somewhere around $3,995.
Fast forward to 2020, the latest Honda Accord’s base variant (LX) starts from about $24,270.
Meanwhile, the top-of-the line variant comes with a price tag of about $36,400.
The Honda Accord is a classic cult model amongst the automobile enthusiasts. It is also one of the best-selling cars of all time, and for all the right reasons. Its exceptional mileage makes it a true standout from the rest of the competition. However, remember that great mileage is the end-result of taking proper care of your Accord every-step-of-the-way.