Cheesecake is the perfect dessert. All love it. You can make it home or buy it from a store.
But, how long does a cheesecake last? Well, it depends on the storage condition.
- Homemade Cheesecake: Homemade cheesecake lasts for 3 to 5 days in a fridge and more than a month in a freezer. You can only keep it for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Store-bought Cheesecake: If you but it from a store, it will last 5 to 7 days in a fridge and more than three months in a freezer.
Cheesecake bought from a store lasts longer than the one that is made from home.
You need to check the sell-by date before you buy it.
How long does cheesecake last past sell by date?
It will last 5 to 7 days in a fridge and more than three months in a freezer past the sell-by date.
It lasts longer because there are some preservatives added to increase the lifespan of the cheesecake.
What are the health benefits of cheesecake?
Cheesecake made from regular cream cheese has a high amount of saturated fat.
It is not suitable for people with high cholesterol or calories conscious people.
Cheesecake contains all these things.
- Calories: Entire cheesecake contains 250 calories. If you need energy, it can be useful for you.
- Fat: It contains 10 g of saturated fat. It can increase cholesterol levels.
- Protein: It contains 7 g of protein, which is good for your body.
- Antioxidants: Chocolate cheesecake made using low-fat cream cheese is actually very beneficial. It contains antioxidants, which are suitable for the body.
You can use low-fat cream cheese if you are calorie-conscious.
How to tell if a cheesecake has gone bad?
You will notice these signs if a cheesecake goes bad.
- Smell: It will smell like spoiled milk. The smell will be horrible.
- Taste: The taste will change and become tangy.
- Mold: Mold will start appearing on the top of the cheesecake.
- Color: The color will vary, as well.
When you buy it from a store, these signs will appear late as preservatives are added. So it would help if you were really careful.
How to properly store cheesecake to extend its shelf life?
There are two methods to store a cheesecake.
- Fridge: You can keep the homemade cheesecake in the fridge to make it last 3 to 5 days. Store-bought cheesecake will last 5 to 7 days in a fridge.
Keep the leftover cheesecake in a Tupperware and store it. If it is an entire cheesecake, cut it into pieces and then store it in a container.
Please don’t keep it outside for more than 2 hours.
- Freezer: If you want to prolong the lifespan, keep the container filled with cheesecake in the fridge. Make sure it is covered.
Can cheesecake go bad?
Yes, it can definitely go bad. Anything that contains milk products and sugar can go bad.
The cheesecake will become moldy and smell bad.
Be careful with store-bought cheesecake because preservatives are added to increase the lifespan.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze a cheesecake. If you are preparing it at home, avoid any topping if you are going to freeze it. Keep it inside a tight container and then freeze it.
So, this is all you need to know about the lifespan of a cheesecake. Make sure you preserve it properly to enjoy eating it for a long time.